When he uses this word (think: "I left the bar at six" vs. "I went home at six"), there's some kind of drama involved. Maybe he got stuck in traffic or is hiding something he did that he shouldn't have.
The big thing to look out for is when he says "never" when "no" will do. It's a sign he's overcompensating. For example, if you ask, "Did you just look at that girl's butt?" and he says, "Never!"
Like never, it depends on how he uses it. If he puts "that" in front of a noun, like "that woman" or "that money," it's a subconscious attempt for him to distance himself from the word. This is a common trick of manipulators.
If he skips "no" and goes straight to "I would never do something like that!" when talking about a past event, be wary. For example, "Are you still talking to your ex?" "I would never do that to you!" "Would never" suggests that he plans to do it in the future.
If your guy is a Southern gentleman, then this doesn't apply. But if he suddenly says "ma'am" to you out of nowhere, be cautious. It's a sign that he's feeling stressed and knows he's in trouble.
"By the way…"
Liars use phrases like this to try to minimize what they say next—but usually it's what's most important to the story. Pay extra attention to what he says afterward.
Liars usually try to downplay what they say with this word, so pay attention when he says something like, "I know this is going to sound strange, but…" or "I know you think I'm lying, but…"
"Why would I do that?"
It's a favorite stalling line of liars, so they can buy a little time to work out what to say next. These phrases also fit the bill: "What kind of person do you think I am?” "Are you calling me a liar?” and "I knew this was going to happen to me!"
We've got the results of a new poll about things we hate spending money on, and one thing is clear. We hate spending money on weddings, we hate spending money on bills . . . but we REALLY hate spending money on our SIGNIFICANT OTHERS.
--The NUMBER ONE thing people hate spending on is . . . buying things for their husbands, wives, girlfriends, or boyfriends. Here's the full top 10:
#1.) Buying things for our significant others.
#2.) Your own wedding costs.
#3.) Buying wedding presents for other people.
#4.) BIRTH CONTROL. Although it's a lot cheaper than the alternative.
#5.) Retirement contributions.
#6.) Bachelor or bachelorette parties.
#7.) Utility bills.
#8.) Work clothes.
#9.) Car insurance.
#10.) The dentist.
--Things that finished just outside the top 10 are throwing in for a coworker's birthday present or card, grocery bags, gas, and tolls.
I wated WAYYY longer for all of these things when it comes to my current relationship. Some people think it's your age that determines when you do these things, I think it all comes down to where you want the relationship to go....but that's just me.....According to a survey by the dating site SeekingArrangement.com, the average couple has their first kiss after two dates.
--And since couples go on an average of two dates a week, that means they kiss after their first week of dating. Here's how long it takes to reach other dating milestones:
--They have SEX after four dates . . . or two weeks.
--After SIX dates . . . or three weeks . . . they introduce each other to their friends.
--After 12 dates . . . or six weeks . . . they introduce each other to their parents.
--After 14 dates . . . or seven weeks . . . they say "I love you" for the first time.
--And after 60 dates . . . or 30 weeks . . . they MOVE IN with each other.
I HOPE this survey doesn't mean the best years in a woman's life are ages 28 to 32. Because that just CAN'T be true, right?
--In a new survey, women say they feel the sexiest at age 28, but they feel most confident at age 32.
--Here are a few other results from the survey . . .
--50% of women say they're proud of their body, and 75% wouldn't change their body shape.
--23% of women say they're most proud of their eyes . . . 20% say their boobs . . . and 13% say their brain. Sure, that means women are three times more likely to like their eyes or boobs more than their brain, but at least it made the top three.
--The number one thing that hurts a woman's confidence is being dumped. Struggling at work is number two.
DUDE!!!! I agree 100%...ask my Mom, I forget to call on her birfday ALL of the time!!!! According to a new survey, most people wouldn't remember ANY important dates without being reminded by Facebook. Here's how many people could remember key dates in their life:
1.) 63% of people remember their wedding anniversary . . . that's less than two in three.
2.) Less than HALF . . . 47% . . . remember the date of their best friend's birthday.
3.) Only 45% remember their parents' wedding anniversary.
4.) 45% know the date they took their first vacation abroad.
5.) Only 42% of people know the date they first went out with their partner. But more than half of people under age 30 remembered it.
6.) Just over one in four people remember the date of their child's first day of school.
7.) One in four people remember the date they started their first job.
8.) Only one in five remember their pet's birthday.
9.) 17% of people . . . about one in six . . . remember the date of the first live concert they saw.
10.) 15% of people remember the date when they first saw a movie in a theater.
I thought I dressed pretty well! Am I wrong?!?! Someone PLEASE tell me if I'm lookin a lil crae-crae won't you!?!?
More than a third of men in a relationship (37 percent) don't buy any of their own clothing and almost half
(48 percent) are completely clueless as to their own clothes size.
As for those men who do clothes shop, 26 percent would only do so when their existing wardrobe was too worn to wear -- and would then buy items based purely on price rather than appearance.
The poll of 2,000 women aged 50 and over found that the average man had totally given up on caring about his appearance by the age of 37.
As a result, nearly 59 percent of women admitted they felt forced to intervene and style their man because their partners' dress sense was either outdated and ageing (18 percent), unstylish and ill-fitting (31 percent) or just plain embarrassing (19 percent).
Well I still dress myself and think I look good.....am I wrong!?!?!? Someone tell me if I look out dated won't ya?!
So nobody has ever made my girlfriend a mix tape!!!! Can you believe that?!?! Anyway, I decided everyone needs one in their lifetime but I am an over achiever and made 3!!! 31 songs! Look at my list...what would you have added to it?
1. Snow Patrol "Chasing Cars"
2. Howie Day "Collide"
3. No Doubt "Underneath it All"
4. Beyonce "Crazy in Love"
5. Oasis "Wonderwall"
6. Justin Timberlake "My Love"
7. Dixie Chicks "Landslide"
8. Drake "Best I Ever Had"
9. Goo Goo Dolls "Iris"
10. Jordin Sparks "No Air"
11. Le Ann Womack "I Hope You Dance"
12. Bryan Adams "Heaven"
13. Bruno Mars "Just the Way You Are"
14. Train "Drops of Jupiter"
15. Heart "What About Love"
16. Alicia Keys "Fallin"
17. Savage Garden "Truly, Madly, Deeply"
18. Hoobastank "The Reason"
19. Avril "I'm With You"
20 Foreigner "I Wanna Know What Love Is"
21. Mariah "We Belong Together"
22. Faith Hill "Breathe"
23. Brian McKnight "Anytime"
24. Journey "Faithfully"
25. Boys II Men "I'll Make Love to You"
26. Edwin McCain "I'll Be"
27. Aerosmith "Don't Wanna Miss a Thing"
28. Shania Twain "From This Moment"
29. Police "Every Breath You Take"
30. Errique "Hero"
31. Heavy D "Now That We Found Love"
I HATE rules but I think these ones are pretty darned dead on!!!!
1. Don't use abbrevs. Part of the reason why sexting is so hot is because when you read a sext, it's as if the sender is talking dirty to you. This is why, when sexting, it's important to use full words and speak verbatim. In the middle of a sac-sesh, you would never use abbreviations to talk to dirty, so don't use them in a sext to cut back letters. It takes away from the whole point of sexting. Oh, and it also makes you look lazy, and if someone wants to bed you, they would rather know you will go the extra mile. Rule of thumb: Type it just as you would say it.
2. Don't use big words. The whole point of sexting is to be flirtatious and tempt the fella of your fancy with words to make him crave you. Using big words or innuendos might throw him off, especially when the dude has no idea WTF you're talking about. Save innuendos, lines and big words for the texts you send your friends. When sexting, the more direct and clear your words and intentions are, the better.
3. Be playful. Nothing captures someone's attention like quick wit. Use a pun when possible when initiating sexting. This will throw him off, because what you say can have double meaning. For example, if he's describing a new item he just bought, you can ask, "How big is it? ;)" If he's into you, he'll interpret it the naughty way, therefore making him initiate the actual sexting if he's into it. This puts the ball in his court, just where you want it to be.
4. Be wary of auto-correct. The second you send a sext with a misspelled word (or a word that wasn't meant to be shared in the first place) is the same second you ruin the mood. It's a total buzz kill, and even if you make a joke out of it, that caught-up, steamy mode you were both in totally changes. Before pressing send, re-read your text and be wary of auto-correct and misspelled words.
5. Know your audience. Being on the recipient end of a sext is really rather ego-boosting, and when people get a steamy sext message, they are likely to want to "show off" by sharing it with friends. Before you send a sext, keep in mind that there's potential for it to be shared amongst your guy's friends. Don't say anything too incriminating, and don't send something that you wouldn't want someone else to hear (or associate you with). Keep it tame, if you're concerned.
6. Know when to stop. If you've had some back and forth banter via sexting and then, out of nowhere, the recipient stops responding, let it go. If you text "Why did you stop messaging?", "Where did you go?" or "Why did you leave me high and dry?", you not only come off looking desperate, but a bit aggressive too. When trying to keep someone interested, know that the power lies with the one who ends the conversation first. Just like you wouldn't overstay your welcome at a party or event, get out of the conversation when you no longer have much to say or it's starting to drag on.
7. Delete your history. When you keep various message windows open in your phone or have various texts stored, you run the risk of accidentally sending the sext to the wrong person. I remember once sexting a guy who donned the same name as my brother-in-law. I didn't realize I sent it to the wrong person until the morning after, when my brother-in-law texted me saying "Good night? ;)" I was mortified! By deleting other conversations, you don't run the risk of your sext getting into the wrong hands.