If you struck out with the opposite sex this weekend, this might make you bitter . . . apparently a lot of people are TURNING DOWN sex to do other stuff instead. Here's a list of eight things some people would RATHER do than have sex.
1. Eat. A couple years ago a study revealed that one out of three single people would rather eat than have sex. And a different study showed 43% of Canadians would rather have BACON than sex.
2. Use a smartphone. In an American survey about things people can't live without, sex finished below smartphones.
3. Sleep. This is more for women. In one survey, 80% of them said they'd rather sleep than get busy.
4. Own a plasma TV. Almost half of men in the UK would give up sex for six months to get a 50-inch plasma TV.
5. Drink hot chocolate. There was one study where 70 percent of Irish women said they'd take a cup of hot chocolate over having sex.
6. Go solo. More than 40% of women say they like pleasuring themselves better than doing it with a partner.
7. Catch up on paperwork. Seems like you'd need to be a pretty terrible lover to lose out to a pile of paperwork. But in the UK, women said they prefer the paperwork.
8. Read a book. In the paperwork study, women also said they'd rather read a book than have sex.