The unstoppable list-makers at "Forbes" have released their annual rundown of The World's Highest-Paid Musicians. The estimates are based on total earnings from June of LAST year up through this past June.
So no recent tours would be included. It's annoying that the data isn't current . . . but that's what Forbes does. They have one measurement period, and they slowly release these lists over the rest of the year.
MADONNA topped the list with $125 million. A lot of that money came from her 2012 MDNA Tour. Like Madonna, most of the artists on the list made a bulk of their money from TOURING and SIDE BUSINESSES . . . not from actual music sales.
Here's the list:
1. Madonna, $125 million
2. Lady Gaga, $80 million
3. Bon Jovi, $79 million
4. Toby Keith, $65 million
5. Coldplay, $64 million
6. Justin Bieber, $58 million
7. Taylor Swift, $55 million
8. Elton John, $54 million
9. A tie between Beyoncé and Kenny Chesney, with $53 million apiece.
11. Diddy, $50 million
12. Paul McCartney, $47 million
13. Calvin Harris, $46 million
14. Jennifer Lopez, $45 million
15. Roger Waters, $44 million
16. A tie between Muse and Rihanna, with $43 million apiece.
18. A tie between Jay-Z and One Direction, with $42 million apiece.
20. A tie between Dr. Dre and the Red Hot Chili Peppers, with $40 million apiece.
22. A tie between the Rolling Stones and Katy Perry, with $39 million apiece.
24. Tim McGraw, $33 million
25. A tie between Pink and Tiesto, with $32 million apiece.
Men think they're clever and sneaky and are getting away with all kinds of stuff. They aren't. Women INVENTED being clever and sneaky and getting away with all kinds of stuff . . . and they INSTANTLY know it when they see it.
Here are the top eight things guys THINK they're doing sneakily and getting away with . . . but women always notice.
1. Turning your head away from a woman as she's approaching . . . so you're already looking that direction once she passes and you can check out her butt.
2. Trying to lead a text conversation toward having a woman send you nude photos. She recognizes the chess moves you're trying to pull immediately.
3. Asking leading questions to find out if she's single. She's ready to tell the truth or lie anyway, depending on whether she's into you.
4. Checking out other women in general.
5. Trying really, really hard NOT to look down at a woman's breasts.
6. When you're into a woman and accidentally show up where she works or in her neighborhood. Even though it's not in a creepy, stalker way . . . she notices.
7. Hiding your insecurities by going over-the-top with bragging.
8. Scratching yourself down below. Women are WAY better at doing it subtly . . . so they notice when you AREN'T as subtle as you think.
This feels counterintuitive . . . but a new study says that having a BUSY WEEKEND is actually BETTER stress relief than spending the weekend on the couch.
Researchers found that a weekend feels six hours and 19 minutes LONGER if you're busy than if you're super lazy.
That's because we all subconsciously measure time by the number of MEMORIES we make . . . the more we make, the longer the weekend feels.
About one-third of people surveyed who had busy weekends said it felt like they were off THREE days. Almost half of people who had lazy weekends said it felt like the weekend disappeared too quickly.
The people who had busier weekends also felt more de-stressed when it was time to go back to work on Monday.
One more note: A separate survey also shows a life of lying around might not be the AMAZING DREAM it seems. The survey found that the JOY of RETIREMENT wears off after just 10 months . . . and people start to get bored.
Kids today might THINK they have great options to choose from when it comes to Christmas presents. But any adult knows that the Christmas presents WE got as kids were WAY cooler. And according to this list, we're RIGHT.
A department store in England looked at its records dating way back to 1950, and came up with a list of the most popular toys that have been sold during the holidays. Here are the top ten.
1. Cabbage Patch Dolls
2. Rubik's Cubes
4. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle action figures
5. Buzz Lightyear
6. Barbie Dolls
9. Calico Critters, which were little animal dolls that were originally called "Sylvanian Families" back in the '80s. And they were more popular in England and Japan.
Let's face it, there are things pretty much EVERYONE does . . . but no one admits doing. And yes, just by bringing it up, we're kinda admitting that WE do them too. But try to ignore that.
Here are the 10 things we ALL do . . . but won't admit doing.
1. Unfairly judging people at first glance . . . sometimes based on gender or race.
2. Changing a story just a little bit as you tell it, to make it better.
3. Picturing a couple having sex when you find out they're pregnant.
4. Talking to yourself at home, in the car, and maybe even in public.
5. Replaying fights and arguments in your head . . . only THIS time, you say all those brilliant things that came to you afterwards, and YOU win the argument.
6. Fantasizing about getting hit by a car or catching a disease . . . not life threatening, but just bad enough to get you out of work for a while.
7. Admiring what you left behind in the toilet . . . especially after having explosive diarrhea. Then wondering if everyone ELSE does it too . . . models, the president, whoever . . . and realizing they probably DO.
8. Smelling your finger after you put it somewhere bad. Whether it's your crack, armpit, ear, belly button, between your toes, wherever.
9. Stalking people on Facebook . . . and taking some pleasure in their unhappiness.
10. Skipping washing your hands . . . but running the water in case someone's listening.
KERRY WASHINGTON isn't gay. In fact, she's married and pregnant. But she doesn't mind rumors that she's a lesbian. She says, quote, "There's nothing offensive about it, so there's no reason to be offended."
Kerry says her low public profile may have something to do with it . . . quote, "It's interesting how much people long to fill in the gaps when someone in the public eye doesn't share their personal life. I understand their frustration."
(Meanwhile, Kerry did some new promos with Eminem for this weekend's "SNL". Check 'em out here.)