Jennifer Lawrence is making a cameo in the sequel, The Hollywood Reporter has learned, reporting to the Atlanta set to play a young version of Kathleen Turner's character. Lawrence's Hunger Games: Mockingjay set is nearby, and sources say the entire cast has visited the Dumb and Dumber To location.
She's a fan - so this is obviously cool for her. See her Dumb and Dumber impression:
· Breaking Bad cost $3 million per episode. 3 MILLION!
· The founder of IKEA is one of the richest people in the WORLD. Cheap furniture for all.
· The odds of being in an airplane accident are incredibly small. Accidents occur at a rate of one per 1.2 million flights – your odds of survival are 95% though, so don’t sweat that.
· Netflix disguises warehouses for security purposes. There are 58 Netflix warehouses nationwide, serving 10.5 million subscribers, and very few people know where these warehouses are located. If you work at one of these warehouses, you have to sign a confidentiality agreement that you will not expose it's secret location.
Air Jordans were banned by the NBA, however, Michael Jordan continued to wear them because Nike was paying the fine.
Random 5 @ 5:55
· The religion of Kopimism, created in Sweden, believes in the free transfer of knowledge and information, therefore the copy and paste functions are viewed as sacred symbols.
CTRL+C and CTRL+V
· According to scientists at John Hopkins University, the universe is beige in color. And yes, the carpet matches the drapes.
· June is the most common month for Americans to lose their virginity.
· The first ever speeding ticket issued was to a man doing 8mph in a 2mph zone.
· The effects catnip has on cats are similar to that of marijuana and LSD on humans. Also, it takes a cat, on average, six seconds to steal your soul.
Random 5 @ 5:55
· It takes 6,000 gallons of paint, 60 people, and 4 months to paint ze Eiffel Towearrr!
· Dolphins sleep with one eye open.
· Lions can mate more than 50 times per day.
· A giraffe only sleeps for about 4 hours per day.
· A giraffes tongue is 17 inches long. Sparking a new viral website: www.2girls1giraffe.com
Random 5 @ 5:55
· Prostitutes in Spain are required to wear reflective vests. Sexy.
· Having sex while sick can reduce a fever due to the sweat that is produced.
· In Atlanta, it is illegal to tie a giraffe to a streetlight or telephone pole. Dogs are OK.
· 25% of men wait until a few weeks before Christmas to do their shopping, while 15% of women start their shopping in July.
· About 2/3 of all men’s clothing purchased in the United States is bought by women.
Random 5 @ 5:55
· When marijuana was made illegal in the US, one of the “experts” against him said it turned him into a bat. Seems legit.
· The Holocaust memorial in Berlin has an anti-grafitti coating made by the same company that made the Nazi gas chambers? Wtf?
· Colgate faced a big obstacle marketing in Spanish speaking countries, the word “colgate” roughly translates to “go hang yourself”
· There is a restaurant in Stockholm, Sweden that offers all garlic products. They even have garlic cheesecake. If you wind up meeting someone and hooking up there, you win a free bottle of nail polish.
· A woman’s butt sticks out 25% more when she wears a pair of heels. There you go, Michele.
Random 5 @ 5:55
· In Samoa, for a family with too many sons, it is acceptable to raise the youngest as a daughter.
· 44% of people watch TV to fall asleep.
· When Confucius was 16, he worked as a grain inspector.
· On average, you’ll spend 5 years of your life eating.
· 65% of kids have had at least one imaginary friend by the age of seven.
Hitting the "Like" button on Facebook is an element of free speech protected by the US constitution, a federal court ruled Wednesday, in a case closely watched by employment lawyers.
The US Court of Appeals based in Richmond, Virginia, made the judgment in the case of a Virginia sheriff's department worker who claimed he was fired for exercising his free speech rights -- in this case "liking" a political opponent of his boss.
"His conduct qualifies as speech," the court said in a 81-page decision that sent the case back to a lower court for review of those issues.
Random 5 @ 5:55
· Movie theater popcorn costs more per ounce than fliet mignon!
· Official state dance of Utah is the Square Dance.
· There are 122 Hawaiian islands.
· Baby wipes are the perfect fix for carpet stains.
· Ketchup cleans copper, apply, wait, rinse, viola!
Apple released the new software "iOS7" yesterday, and it COMPLETELY overhauls your iPhone software. Looks different, and really cool! There are some features that some people are finding annoying, if you CLICK HERE you can find a way around these little "annoyances.
And wouldn't you know it, we actually know the dude. Way to go, Nick!
Ultimate McSandwich - $140!?? This past Monday – Nick Chipman walked into the McDonalds at 66th and North avenue in Tosa – just after 10am, so he was able to buy both breakfast AND lunch sammiches, and proceeded to order EVERY SAMMICH on the menu….and a diet coke. He then skewered all the sandwiches together to make a 4 foot tall ULTIMATE McSandwich. He ate three breakfast sandwiches, and took the rest home to fill his fridge with leftovers for the next week, where his wife says there is no room for groceries anymore. This has made NATIONAL News!
Ryan Braun was back in Milwaukee yesterday, making an appearance for the first time since he was suspended on July 22nd without pay for the rest of the Brewers season.
Braun was suspended without pay for a large part of the 2013 season for violations of the Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. He delivered lunch, bringing pizza, and spoke with employees at the AIDS Resource Center of Wisconsin in Milwaukee.
Staff at the AIDS Resource Center were told they would be attending a free lunch with a special guest. According to Fox6 when he walked in the room, he was greeted with a standing ovation – obviously because it was Ryan Braun, and mostly because he is dedicated to the fight against AIDS and supports the organization regularly. Last year, he chaired the AIDS walk that brought in more than $360,000!
· Odds that you’ll be killed by a plane falling from the sky: one in 25 million. Odds it will happen today – one in 7 TRILLION.
· The four most dangerous steps on most staircases are the two at the top and the two at the bottom.
· Thirteen percent of adults say the last day of summer is the occasion they dread most.
· The Pentagon uses 636 rolls of toilet paper a day, a CLEAR matter of national security.
· The Average American consumes 22 gallons of beer per year.
Random 5 @ 5:55
· People who smoke need to ingest 40% more Vitamin C than non-smokers just to stay even.
· The potato and the tomato are more closely related than the potato and the sweet potato.
· A horse will win a sprint against a camel, but a camel will win a marathon against a horse.
· Justin Timberlake is the voice and mastermind behind the McDonalds “I’m Lovin’ It” jingle.
· 12% of adults have had sex at work. Have you?
Lottery officials have announced on the Powerball website that no ticket has matched all Saturday's numbers drawn for that game's giant jackpot, which now swells to an estimated $400 million or a $223.6 million cash-option value.
The five numbers drawn Saturday evening in the multi-state game were 1-17-25-37-44 and the Powerball: 20. The next drawing for all elderly participants to win is this Wednesday.
Nina Davuluri became the first contestant of Indian heritage and the second consecutive contestant from New York to win the Miss America pageant last night. She beat out 52 other contestants and kept the Miss America sash in New York for the second straight year. Even though quite a bit of attention was given to Miss Kansas, Theresa Vail, who is believed to be the first Miss America contestant to openly display tattoos. She has the Serenity Prayer on her rib cage and a military insignia on the back of a shoulder. During the “show us your shoes” portion of the competition, while everyone was wearing fancy heels, she rocked camouflage gear and army boots. She revealed on her twitter “Win or not tonight, I have accomplished what I set out to do. I have empowered women. I have opened eyes.”
Protesters were seen outside Lambeau Field before yesterday’s Packers game. Several are members of Wisconsin’s Oneida and Menomonee tribes. They say Washington’s team name and logo represent harmful stereotypes. They showed up 4 hours before the Packers victory yesterday, in the pouring rain holding signs reading “Washington Team: stop trying to put lipstick on a pig! Your “R” word is racist”
“The Washington Redskins are in a place where they could take a little leadership here, change a logo, stereotype. A lot of corporations, a lot of entities change their logos and they usually continue in business. The name is a derogatory name. It’s a racial slur. It goes back to the bounty hunting era of the Colonial Period. This particular logo is a severed head logo. It certainly isn’t a symbol that should be used by the football team that is in our nation’s capital,” Barbara Munson said.
A bunch of records were also set yesterday, attendance: 78,000! Aaron Rodgers tied an all time Packers passing record, and James Starks had the Packers first 100 yard rushing game since 2010! Way to go, Pack.
· The city of Tokyo has more people than the entire country of Canada.
· Nirvana got kicked out of their own release party. They showed up drunk, started a food fight, and were told to leave.
· You are three times more likely to get a computer virus from a religious website than a porn web site.
· In Bhutan, a country in south asia marijuana grows in the wild and is more common than regular grass.
· Starbucks has a secret “captain crunch cappuccino” - How to order: strawberries and crème frappe with one pump of caramel, two pumps of toffee, one pump of hazelnut, and two scoops of chocolate chips.
Last month, a dad in Utah wasn't happy about the short shorts his teenage daughter was wearing . . . so he tried to shame her by making his OWN cut-off jean shorts, and wearing them all over town. Eventually the photos of him got online, and he says his daughter HAS started dressing a bit more appropriately.
Then there was the mom from California, who was upset her daughter was Twerking, so she made her hold this sign up in traffic.
Careful kids. Now your parents can punish you, and the whole WORLD will know of your hijinx.
If you're at all plugged-in to “what’s happening,” you are likely aware of the cultural tidal wave that is Miley Cyrus. And for those of us that are tired of riding that wave, there’s now an app for that.
As long as you are using the Google Chrome internet browser, you can get the app HERE.
· Friggatriskaidekaphobia is when someone is afraid of Friday the 13th. Nearly 20 million Americans are affected by friggatriskaidekaphobia. It’s also called paraskavedekatriaphobia.
· Tupac Shakur was killed on Friday September 13th , 1996 – 17 years ago today!
· Every year has at least ONE Friday the 13th, but never more than three.
· 13 is Taylor Swift’s lucky number, it’s also the amount of men she dated last year.
· The lollipop was named after Lolly Pop, one of the most famous racehorses of the early 1900s.
· Kool-Aid can be turned into Gatorade by simply adding salt.
· There is an alarm that runs away and hides if you don’t get out of bed on time.
· There are 923 words in the English language that braek the “I before e” rule. Only 44 words actually follow that rule.
· Real orgasms are said to burn 112 calories, but FAKE ones burn 315 calories.
· 80% of women report faking orgasms, and 100% of men don’t care.
· On average, men are 40 percent muscle and 15 percent fat, women are 23 percent muscle and 25 percent fat.
· Nearly 6 percent of all marriage proposals are over the phone.
· According to florists, America’s favorite flower is the rose. Second place? Daisy.
· When a waitress draws a smiley face on the check, tips go up 18% - when a waiter does it, the tip goes up only 3%
· There are a select few Denny’s restaurants in the US that don’t have locks so they can’t close on Christmas.
· The inventor of the old school Game Boy was originally a janitor for Nintendo. Guess he showed them!
· In Jamaica t here is an erotic dance known as “daggering” that was banned from TV after causing broken penises.
· 75% of American adults wear some kind of fragrance.
· When asked to describe the odor that best defines America, 39% of people said “barbecue”
· Sweedish law prohibits trained seals from balancing balls on their nose.
· A Tall Starbucks Coffee has as much caffeine as a 12 oz can of soda
· One out of every 14 women in the us is a legit natural blonde…the rest are faking it
· It takes 3,000 cows to supply the NFL with a season’s worth of footballs.
· There is a 100 Percent injury rate among NFL players.
· 90% of Irish women are unhappy with their legs.
You are about to hear the sound of millions of men rushing home to place their wives and girlfriends on suicide watch: The"Hollywood Reporter"saysRYAN GOSLINGwas the first choice for the lead in"50 Shades of Grey". . . and he TURNED IT DOWN. Why? He simply wasn't interested. GARRETT HEDLUNDfrom"Tron: Legacy"and"Friday Night Lights"also turned them down. And we all know, of course Wes McKane also turned down the role multiple times.
· Jay-Z and Busta Rhymes went to high school together, once had a rap battle in the cafeteria…Hove won.
· The ORIGINAL playa…King Edward VII used to take champagne baths with his prostitutes.
· Back in 1994, Crayola released scented crayons – but had to discontinue them because kids kept eating them.
· Got tons of facebook friends? The human brain is only capable of maintaining 150 stable relationships.
· Apples are more efficient than caffeine at keeping you awake in the mornings.
This looks like something straight out of a movie, but apparently its legit.
There's a video making the rounds of an older guy with a mustache getting arrested. There's not a lot of context about where it came from, but the description says he's from Australia . . . and he argues with the police officers in an overly-gentlemanly kind of tone. In the video, he says he was eating a "succulent Chinese meal," and then he screams at one of the officers to "get your hand off my penis!"
· Pumba was the first Disney character to fart in a movie.
· In Japan, Jersey Shore is called “Macaroni Rascals”
· In High School, Cameron Diaz got her weed from Snoop Dogg.
· Pringles are only 42% potato…BUT –its really the only chip that gives you 100% chips…no air like those mockass bagged chips.
In 1959, the USPS launched a would-be nuclear missile (they replaced the warhead with a compartment stored with faux mail) from a submarine. It only took 22 minutes for the mail to travel from New Jersey to Florida! The mail was quickly recovered and sorted at the nearest postal office as per usual.