1) "May the roof above us never fall in, and may we friends beneath it never fall out."
2) "May your thoughts be as glad as the shamrocks. May your heart be as light as a song. May each day bring you bright, happy hours. That stay with you all the year long."
3) "Who gossips with you will gossip of you."
4) "It is better to be a coward for a minute than dead for the rest of your life."
5) "A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures."
6) "Don't give cherries to pigs or advice to fools."
7) "May the cat eat you and may the devil eat the cat."
8) "A silent mouth is sweet to hear."
9) "The Irish do not want anyone to wish them well; they want everyone to wish their enemies ill."
10) "A son is a son till he takes him a wife. A daughter is a daughter all of her life."