Beef Fiesta Shells Equal YUM!
1 pound ground round beef
1 small white onion, chopped
1 small can chopped green chilies
1 cup grated reduced fat cheddar cheese
1 jar (12 oz) picante sauce (mild or medium)
1 small can tomato paste
1 small can french fried onion rings, divided
18 large pasta shells (stuffable kind)
To get more great recipes, click here!
- Cook pasta shells according to directions. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine tomato sauce, picante sauce and one cup of water. Set aside.
- Brown meat with onions, salt and pepper. Add can of green chilies, 1/2 cup of cheese, half a can of onion rings and 1/2 cup of prepared sauce.
- Stuff shell with meat mixture. Pour remaining sauce over shells. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining onion rings and cheese over the top. Bake for 5 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly. Makes 6 servings.